Coordinates and facilitates all aspects of patients’ benefits to ensure appropriate collections for services rendered.
1. Associates degree in health care, accounting or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Must have knowledge and experience working within insurance companies; must have strong computer and basic math skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
5. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts.
6. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Greets patients, visitors, and staff in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
2. Enters patient data into the electronic medical record (EMR).
3. Obtains applicable patient demographic information (i.e. address, phone numbers, insurance, etc.) upon each visit in order to determine patient care.
4. Using online/phone systems of managed care payors, verifies insurance in advance of a patient’s appointment.
5. Assists eligible patients with completing Sliding Fee Applications.
6. Updates patient demographic and insurance information in the EMR as required throughout the day and upon each visit.
7. Sends benefits applications to patients via email upon request to expedite verification processes.
8. Works collaboratively with Patient Support Assistant managing front desk and patient check.
9. Links uninsured patients using the Sliding Scale to Marketplace Enrollers for assistance with health insurance enrollment.
10. Answers the phones intermittently as required.
11. Performed other duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.ccfhc.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to email@example.com or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: This announcement will remain open until filled.