Assists providers and patients in receiving high quality, patient-centered care; actively works to create and maintain a professional, positive patient experience. Must be a Certified Medical Assistant.
- Greets patients, families, and providers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Effectively, comprehensively utilizes the electronic medical record (EMR) entering data, documenting, tracking, and managing patient care.
- Works with the Nurse Supervisor to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Comprehensively prepares exam rooms according to clinical standards, specific procedures and provider’s need for ALL visits.
- Ensures providers have everything needed to provide high quality, patient-centered care.
- Triages patients by checking vitals and documenting chief complaints/reason for visits in the EMR.
- Administers oral, IM, SC Meds (injections) per Provider’s orders and as applicable.
- Facilitates office lab tests, blood draws and obtaining other specimens either directly or through coordination with Lab vendor according to Provider’s orders and as applicable.
- Follow-ups on lab orders and ensures appropriate, accurate, timely documentation is available for clinical decision-making.
- Disseminates the Treatment Plan/Office Visit summary to patient at the end of each visit.
- Follows up with specialty referrals and ensures all information is documented in the record and Provider notes any alerts.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant.