Operate telephone business systems equipment or switchboards to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls. May supply information to callers as well as record messages in the EMR for providers and medical support staff. Provides patients with high quality, efficient, and effective service via call center. Actively works to create and maintain a professional, positive patient experience.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have experience using a multi-line telephone system, using Electronic Health Records; must have strong computer skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
5. Must be able to manage and diffuse conflicts.
6. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
2. Greets patients, families and staff in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Effectively, comprehensively utilizes the electronic medical record (EMR) entering data, documenting, tracking, and managing patient care.
4. Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, or intercom.
5. Route emergency calls appropriately. If necessary, page individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using paging and interoffice communication equipment.
6. Relay and route written and verbal messages.
7. Informs emergency officials of current situation upon receiving call to facility. Contact security staff members when necessary, using paging system.
8. Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about services and obtain details of complaints or compliments.
9. Prior to transferring a call, explain to the caller that the provider, nurse, or administrative personnel may not be available and to leave a message to have a returned phone call within 48 hrs.
10. If a provider’s office or hospital is calling for a specific provider or nurse and it is urgent, then page the respective person to have him or her answer the call.
11. Maintain accurate confidential records of patients’ interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
12. Transfers calls to Call Center Staff to schedule follow-up visits for patients.
13. Actively participates in CareSouth’s quality and performance improvement activities
14. Serves as backup for Front Desk staff inclusive of scheduling appointments for all new and established patients, rescheduling, insurance verification and accepting co-payments.
15. Maintain confidentiality of patient’s protected health information
16. Report safety issues without fear of retaliation to supervisor or other identified resource regardless of the magnitude.
17. Attend job related meetings, collaborations and trainings.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: This announcement will remain open until filled.