The SBHC Social Worker is responsible for providing assistance, coordination and/or completion of all patients’ necessary paperwork as it relates to assessments and treatments, individual, group and family therapy, psychiatric care, referrals and primary care of patients of the school based wellness center. This position also gives due consideration to high risk abuse issues, neglect, domestic violence and/or exposure to community violence. The School Based Social Worker must be able to develop and maintain lines of communication between him/her and appropriate school staff.
1. Master of Science in Social Work. Clinical license – LCSW preferred.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. School-based health experience preferred.
4. Ability to work well independently with excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to work well with a multi- disciplinary healthcare team.
6. Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with staff, school administrators, students, families and community leaders.
7. Hands-on computer operations experience; specifically, electronic health records.
8. Current CPR certification is required.
1. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Handbook. Consults with Psychiatrist, Medical Director Chief Executive Officer or designee before decisions are made on questions of interpretation.
2. Provide knowledge and supporting documentation to supervisor for the development, implementing, and evaluating center’s annual health care plan.
3. Provide tracking and maintenance of an effective system of referral lists for obtaining referrals, additional support services, prior authorizations and other necessary information.
4. Prepare and present monthly reports to supervisor outlining the Center’s productivity and performance improvement adherence.
5. Provide an effective communication link between patients and providers.
6. Performs studies, analysis and documentation to determine
a. impact for patient care:
b. Initial assessments, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment follow-up, and education relevant to the client care
c. Change in treatment or symptoms
d. Interventions and strategies in response to changes
e. Accuracy and appropriate documentations
f. Policy change positives or negatives.
g. Other areas, as requested by the Psychiatrist to assist in decision-making.
7. Acts as an advocate for the safety delivery of care and well-being of the client.
8. Asset and consults with psychiatrist when there is information that will assist the providers with medication management.
9. Meet or exceed organizational standards as it relates to teaching clients and/or families about diagnoses.
10. Attend required organizational meetings and participation on internal committees. Conduct in-service training as required or requested.
11. Utilizes technology to create a more efficient and effective way of doing business.
12. Actively participates in outside association activities.
13. Maintain confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of organization.
15. Work collaboratively with school administration, staff, students, families and community resources to deliver behavioral health care to students on school campuses.
16. Develop and maintain professional relationships with the school staff, FQHC staff, students and their families.
17. Coordinate all referrals for school based services.
18. Knowledgeable of school based health Principals, Standards and Guidelines; school based health Policy and Procedures; Nursing Protocol; School based health forms and documents.
19. Operates within the guidelines established by departmental and Center policies and procedures.
20. Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to proper chain of command.
21. Keeps appropriate individuals aware of issues, changes to and/or pertinent problems. Advises appropriate staff of situations requiring follow-up attention.
22. Suggests practical solutions in response to changing regulations and customer, department needs.
23. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or the Medical Director.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: Until filled