The Psych. Nurse Practitioner’s (PNP) responsibility is to assess, plan and provide high-quality, cost effective comprehensive patient care and a unique approach to health care. The PNP provides behavioral health and comprehensive health assessment, medical diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses, writes prescriptions, and formulates a treatment plan with an emphasis on health promotion, disease prevention, and disease management.
The PMHNP-BC is required to be a Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse with a Master’s Degree. Required coursework to maintain certificate for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
Board certified or Board eligible. PNP must be licensed to Practice Nursing in the State of Louisiana and possess a Psychiatric NP Certificate, CDS, DEA, and CPR licenses.
The PNP must have the skills and knowledge for budgets and organizational structure and three to five years’ proven experience in a FQHC setting. Person must have the ability to direct and supervise skilled and semi-skilled employees.
1. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Handbook. Consults with the Behavioral Health / Medical Director, Chief Executive Officer or designee before decisions are made on questions of interpretation.
2. Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating the center’s annual health care plan.
3. Provide for organization and maintenance of an effective system of medical care with emphasis on wellness and prevention of illness.
4. Assist in preparation of monthly reports to Behavioral Health/Medical Director outlining the Center’s medical productivity and performance improvement adherence.
5. Provide an effective communication link between other staff/employees and employees of the mental health department.
6. Recommends budget items including patient care equipment and supplies to the Behavioral Health/Medical Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
7. Performs studies/analysis to determine impact for:
a. Healthcare outcomes.
b. Policy change positives or negatives.
c. Departmental efficiencies
d. Other areas, as requested by the Behavioral Health, Medical Director and/or Chief Executive Officer to assist in administrative decision-making.
8. Communicate back to management the attitudes, suggestions, and complaints of employees in a constructive business manner.
9. Lead and motivate employees to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
10. Assist in the orientation, training, and supervision of the Behavioral Health Department support staff. Give feedback to Behavioral Health Director to assist in the evaluation performance.
11. Lead by example holding self to the standards of conduct and performance that they command of other medical staff members.
12. Attend required organizational meetings, in-service trainings, internal committees, and participation on internal committees.
13. Meet or exceed annual productivity standards.
14. Utilizes technology to create a more efficient and effective way of doing business.
15. Actively participates in outside association activities.
16. Maintain confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of organization.
17. Assist in conducting community outreach to business, community, social and religious organizations.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by Medical Director, Behavioral Health Director and/ or the Chief Executive Officer.
19. Perform other related as assigned by the Chief of Quality Performance and Improvement.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: Until filled