The SBHC Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the school-based health center programs throughout the service area. The SBHC Coordinator works with program staff, education specialists/therapists, school administrators, medical and administrative CareSouth staff, and teachers to implement and manage the operational flow that contributes to continued growth of the school-based health center program and CareSouth.
- Bachelor of Science. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- School-based health experience preferred.
- Ability to work well independently with excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with a multi- disciplinary healthcare team.
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with staff, school administrators, students, families and community leaders.
- Hands-on computer operations experience; specifically, electronic health records.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a school based or medical office.
- Work collaboratively with school administration, staff, students, families and community resources to deliver primary and preventive health care to students on school campuses.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the school staff, FQHC staff, students and their families.
- Coordinate all referrals for school based services.
- Establish Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with community resources for coordination of services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the area medical community.
- Primary contact for all SBHC issues.
- Responsible for accurate day to day operations of the SBHC clinics making sure all required documentation is maintained, electronic health records are accurate and updated regularly.
- Establish community relations.
- Knowledgeable of school based health Principals, Standards and Guidelines; school based health Policy and Procedures; Nursing Protocol; School based health forms and documents.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and guidelines for CareSouth School-based Health program
- Provide training for SBHC staff, school staff and the community as required.
- Participate in staff meetings and supervision as required by CEO/CAO.
- Coordinate the annual review and update of SBHC policy.
- Coordinate staffing for the school based health center, responsible for staff scheduling.
- Works professionally as a team member in conjunction with the dental staff responsible for policies, other department employees and center.
- Operates within the guidelines established by departmental a Center policies and procedures.
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to proper chain of command.
- Participates in CQI activities.
- Keeps appropriate individuals aware of issues, changes to and/or pertinent problems. Advises appropriate staff of situations requiring follow-up attention.
- Suggests practical solutions in response to changing regulations and customer, department needs.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to email@example.com or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: Monday, July 2, 2018 or until filled.