The WIC Clerk’s position conducts preliminary client interviews for intake services and appointment scheduling and performs clerical duties to include typing, filing, telephone services and WIC check issuance. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress and the ability to organize and prioritize work.
1. Minimum of high school diploma; preferred medical administration diploma.
2. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Must have pleasant telephone etiquette; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients; must have strong computer skills, use of Microsoft applications and familiarity with electronic health records.
4. Must be critical-thinking and detailed-oriented.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
7. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
8. Minimum of two years of work experience in clerical duties, healthcare or medical environment preferred. Additional certifications/education in a Medical Program is a plus.
9. Ability to accurately schedule appointments, follows instructions, complete statistical computation forms, type and file.
10. Must be detail oriented, organizational and prioritization, and work independently as well as schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
11. The WIC Clerk must have concern for and understanding of low-income people and knowledge of local resources, which benefit the economically disadvantaged. Knowledge of and experience in computers and internet.
1. Complete initial assessment of patient according to department Policies & Procedures and documents appropriately.
2. Learn and apply state WIC regulations pertaining to WIC program procedures, policies and practices, noting revision during the program year.
3. Conduct preliminary client interviews for intake services and appointment scheduling.
4. Perform clerical duties to include typing, filing, telephone services, appointment scheduling, and WIC check issuance.
5. Responsible for accurate and timely completion of anthropometric measurements; to include height, weight, health assessments and eligibility determination for clients interviewed.
6. Ensure accuracy and timely completion and submittal of WIC certification forms.
7. Assist in the development and office organization of nutrition education displays, posters, literature, and other creative projects.
8. Participate in health fairs, community meetings, in-service and job related education programs.
9. Attend WIC breastfeeding orientation
10. Learn supervisors’ duties to assist when necessary.
11. Maintains the integrity of medical records system and confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the organization.
12. Conducts close out and complete day sheet at the end of each business day and submit to supervisor.
13. Assist in controlling the use of material and supplies necessary to perform job duties. Maintains proper use of equipment and proper inventory management of supplies.
14. Works professionally as a team member in conjunction with other employees in the department and center.
15. Communicates with all customers in a professional manner.
16. Pulls charts if necessary.
17. Returns all incomplete charts to appropriate personnel.
18. Knows all codes and communicates codes effectively over the intercom system.
19. Performs quality chart audit prior to patient’s arrival.
20. Obtains Advance Directive information on applicable patients 100% of the time.
21. Accurately utilizes and maintains a system of chart tracking.
22. Provide appointment services to walk-in and work-in patients.
23. Operates within the guidelines established by departmental and Center policies and procedures.
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLOSING: June 29, 2018 or until filled.