This position is primarily responsible for all patient billing, payments and accounts receivable financial reporting for CareSouth. In addition this position has direct responsibility for assisting the Billing Manager with all patient-related financial reporting (both internal and external). Duties include entering payment data through electronic keyboard for daily transactions, with a high level of speed and accuracy. Responsible for all provider billing accounts receivable including posting of all payments, collection of delinquent accounts and receivable from third party payers. Primary liaison in the identification and implementation of MIS billing system changes with Front Desk staff.
1. The candidate is required to be a High School Graduate or Equivalent, and a graduate of an approved school for advance training and/or education. A current certification and/or related area with advanced knowledge of billing functions, procedures, and hands-on computer operations in health care or medical environment preferred.
2. The position requires a minimum of three years of medical billing experience, including a minimum of one year in a primary care setting/environment.
3. S/He should have a strong desire in learning medical terminology and procedures. Working knowledge of software packages and applications used in providers billing and accounts receivable functions. The billing specialist needs to be proficient in personal computer usage.
1. Post payments to each account to ensure proper credit; compares the transaction report to actual encounter forms processed for that day.
2. Enter new and/or updated information for reduction of payment through payments and approved credits.
3. On a daily basis, resolves payment transaction and discrepancies.
4. Responsible for processing all receipts by working closely with other clinical staff.
5. Review delinquent patients’ accounts on a timely basis; prepares and sends out delinquent notices accordingly. Update patient database files with correct addresses and insurance information.
6. Recommend and participate in the development of plans and methods to collect current and
aged accounts receivable.
7. Assist in the preparation of monthly aged accounts receivable reports.
8. Prepare billings and sends out billings according to established procedures.
9. Follow up on billings submitted to insurers. Responds to all request for patient claims information (e.g., insurance companies, attorneys, patients, etc.)
10. Generate financial reports dealing with insurance patient accounts and deposits for submission to Chief Finance Officer.
11. Maintains confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the center.
12. Generate daily reports for submission to Chief Finance Officer of claims generated, number sent out, dollar amount, etc.
13. Works closely with Billing Assistant/Clerk, Billing Manager and the Chief Finance Officer in setting up and monitoring electronic billing procedures.
14. Controls the use of material and supplies necessary to perform job duties. Maintains proper use of equipment and proper inventory management of supplies.
15. Works professionally as a team member in conjunction with other department employees and center.
16. Complies with policies and procedures.
17. Work closely with patients in resolution of billing issues.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: August 24, 2018.