|Title||CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT – FRONT DESK (BATON ROUGE AND DONALDSONVILLE)|
Assists providers and patients in receiving high quality, patient-centered care; actively works to create and maintain a professional, positive patient experience.
1. Certified Medical Assistant or Associates degree in health care, accounting or related field.
2. Must have a knowledge and experience using Electronic Health Records; must have strong computer skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
5. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts.
6. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Greets patients, families, and providers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
2. Performs to the level of a Certified Medical Assistant.
3. Effectively, comprehensively utilizes the electronic medical record (EMR) entering patient demographic data and insurance records.
4. Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about services, take or enter appointments and cancellations, and obtain details of complaints.
5. Scans all patients’ identification, household income information, and insurance verification information into computer.
6. If a provider’s office or hospital calling for a specific provider or nurse and it is urgent, then page the respective person to have him or her answer the call.
7. Always project a friendly and upbeat tone at all times while interacting with callers and co-workers.
8. Thoroughly and accurately explain the promissory note to patients; scan and document into the computer.
9. Update promissory note for patient at follow-up visit.
10. Welcome and receive patients; verify and update patient demographic information, as necessary.
11. Maintain accurate confidential records of patients’ interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
12. Conduct household income assessment to calculate sliding fee scale costs for services.
13. Recommend improvements in service to reduce or prevent future problems.
14. Follows and actively participates in CSMD’s Quality Management Plan and adheres to standards of improvement accordingly.
15. May schedule/reschedule appointments for all new and established patients.
16. Accept payments/co-payments and balance sales transaction batches daily.
17. Must travel, as needed, to satellite offices to provide staff relief.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to email@example.com or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: February 15, 2019 or until filled.