|Title||DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL OPERATIONS|
B. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborates with providers to coordinate day-to-day patient care, ensure balanced provider panels within the health care team, and facilitate appointment access for members.
2. Assesses operational workflows and makes revisions / recommendations to assure optimal operations.
3. Manage change in integrated health care delivery systems, such as work restructuring, technological innovations, and shifts in the focus of care.
4. Directs the Front Desk Lead to continuously monitor provider schedules for new patient availability and office maximization.
5. Ensures the Front Desk staff works as a team to create smooth and efficient office and patient flow for a positive patient experience.
6. May serve as backup for Front Desk staff inclusive of scheduling appointments for all new and established patients, rescheduling, insurance verification, and fee collection.
7. Works varied and / or extended hours as operations dictate.
8. Must travel to satellite sites at least monthly for observation, supervision, and quality of service delivery monitoring.
1. Maintains communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending board meetings as directed by COO and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
2. Demonstrates leadership and follow-up skills consistent with CareSouth Medical and Dental mission, vision, and values.
3. Develops and implements organizational policies and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
4. Prepares activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
5. Assists in developing clinic operating budget by using data available to project future revenue and investment needs.
1. Responsible for employee selection and retention including – recruitment, hiring, onboarding, continuous training, coaching, setting goals and objectives, delegating work assignments, evaluating performance, recommendations regarding salaries, assessing competency, and administering corrective action.
2. Treats staff, providers, visitors, and patients with dignity and respect.
3. Coordinates comprehensive orientation of new staff.
4. Helps create a positive and cooperative culture.
5. Builds an environment that supports positive team morale.
1. Collaborates with administration and care team to identify opportunities for enhancing clinical quality, efficiency, and the patient experience.
2. Demonstrates stellar customer service skills towards patients, medical staff, coworkers, and the public.
3. Manages quality improvement initiatives for areas of responsibility and ensures compliance with HEDIS indicators and other mandated standards.
4. Reviews and analyzes facility activities and data to aid planning and risk management, and to improve service utilization.
5. Follows and actively participates in CSMD’s Quality Management Plan and adheres to standards of improvement accordingly.
1. Participates in meetings, committees, and in-services.
2. Maintains oversight of staff adherence to policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual. Oversees compliance with pertinent regulatory and certifying entities.
3. Ensures compliance with current healthcare regulations, medical laws, and high ethical standards.
4. Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and payment options.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Services Administration or equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred. Ten years of health administration experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree. Fifteen years of health administration experience may substitute for master’s degree.
2. Must possess a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary practice.
3. Patient – Centered Medical Home Certification required or attained within first year of
4. Must have ability to learn using Electronic Health Records, mastery of Athena a plus; must have strong computer skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
7. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts.
8. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to email@example.com or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: November 9, 2018 or until filled.