|Title||Front Desk Lead Position|
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads the Front Desk and Call Center Staff in providing patients with high quality, efficient, and effective service by training, coaching, serving as the model for delivering a welcoming patient experience. Actively works to create and maintain a professional atmosphere and team-oriented work environment.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have a minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
3. Must have strong working knowledge Electronic Health Records; must have strong computer skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
6. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts and lead a team.
7. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Train, coach, monitor, evaluate, and discipline Front Desk and Call Center Staff.
2. Train staff on patient insurance education and how to communicate processes and obligations to patients.
3. Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, schedules, or staff.
4. Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
5. Monitor front desk and call center staff performance to ensure that the mission is upheld.
6. Create and foster a professional atmosphere by training staff on telephone etiquette, conflict resolution, body language, and communication, setting the example, and coaching as necessary.
7. Greets patients, families, and providers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
8. Always project a friendly and upbeat tone at all times while interacting with callers and co-workers.
9. Prepares training material for staff and facilitate trainings.
10. Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign employees to specific duties and providers.
11. Cross-train staff on working with different providers and departments.
12. Direct and supervise employees engaged in scheduling, inventory-taking of office supplies, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services.
13. Formulate best practice policies on scheduling and working with patients according to grant guidelines.
14. Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to ensure efficient patient flow, patient experience satisfaction, and promote healthcare services.
15. Analyze details from patient satisfaction surveys to assess staff successes or need for improvement and act accordingly by acknowledging publicly successes and privately for correcting other actions.
16. Attend company meetings to discuss important issues at the front desk and call center and coordinate work activities with other departments to continually improve patient experience.
17. Reconcile tills daily in coordination with the Staff Accountant.
18. Work closely with the Marketing Manager to gather information about services or special events and share with staff to promote to patients.
19. Effectively, comprehensively utilizes the electronic medical record (EMR) entering patient demographic data and insurance records.
20. Recommend improvements in service to reduce or prevent future problems.
21. Follows and actively participates in CSMD’s Quality Management Plan and adheres to standards of improvement accordingly.
1. Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about services, take or enter appointments and cancellations, and obtain details of complaints.
2. Scans all patients’ identification, household income information, and insurance verification information into computer.
3. If a provider’s office or hospital calling for a specific provider or nurse and it is urgent, then page the respective person to have him or her answer the call.
4. Prepare promissory notes and similar documents, specifying charges and payment procedures for use of services.
5. Thoroughly and accurately explain the promissory note to patients; scan and document into the computer.
6. Update promissory note for patient at follow-up visit.
7. Welcome and receive patients; verify and update patient demographic information, as necessary.
8. Maintain accurate confidential records of patients’ interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
9. Conduct household income assessment to calculate sliding fee scale costs for services.
10. May schedule/reschedule appointments for all new and established patients.
11. Accept payments/co-payments and balance sales transaction batches daily.
12. Must travel, as needed, to satellite offices to provide staff relief.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: September 16, 2018 or until filled.