The Nurse Practitioner’s (NP) responsibility is to assess, plan and provide high-quality, cost effective comprehensive patient care and a unique approach to health care. The NP provides comprehensive health assessment, medical diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses, writes prescriptions, and formulates a treatment plan with an emphasis on health promotion, disease prevention, and disease management. The position also functions as a Provider of Patient Care and gives due consideration to productivity and departmental budget compliance. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress and the ability to organize and prioritize work.
1. Currently Louisiana Licensed Nurse Practitioner
2. Board –certified or board – eligible.
3. Current CPR, CDS, and DEA licenses.
4. Minimum of three years’ experience; FQHC setting, preferred.
5. Experience in collaboration with interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
6. Working knowledge in EMR systems.
1. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Handbook. Consults with the Medical Director, Chief Executive Officer or designee before decisions are made on questions of interpretation.
2. Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating the center’s annual health care plan.
3. Provide for organization and maintenance of an effective system of medical care with emphasis on wellness and prevention of illness.
4. Assist in preparation of monthly reports to Medical Director outlining the Center’s medical productivity and performance improvement adherence.
5. Provide an effective communication link between other staff/employees and employees of the medical department.
6. Recommends budget items including patient care equipment and supplies to the Medical Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
7. Performs studies/analysis to determine impact for:
8. Healthcare outcomes.
9. Policy change positives or negatives.
10. Departmental efficiencies
11. Other areas, as requested by the Medical Director and/or Chief Executive Officer to assist in administrative decision-making.
12. Communicate back to management the attitudes, suggestions, and complaints of employees in a constructive business manner.
13. Lead and motivate employees to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
14. Assist in the orientation, training, and supervision of the Medical Department support staff. Give feedback to Medical Director to assist in the evaluation performance.
15. Lead by example holding self to the standards of conduct and performance that they command of other medical staff members.
16. Attend required organizational meetings and participation on internal committees. Conduct in-service training as required or requested.
17. Meet or exceed annual productivity standards.
18. Utilizes technology to create a more efficient and effective way of doing business.
19. Actively participates in outside association activities.
20. Maintain confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of organization.
21. Assist in conducting community outreach to business, community, social and religious organizations.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by Medical Director and/ or the Chief Executive Officer.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: This announcement will open until filled.