|Title||PART TIME TEMPORARY MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK|
***Not to Exceed 6 months, will work in Plaquemine and/or Baton Rouge, LA***
This position exists to support timely and accurate request for medical records. The MRC is primarily responsible for responding to request from attorneys, physicians and insurance companies, etc. for copies of the medical record and uploading important medical documentation into the medical/dental record for continuity of care.
Applicants must be a High School Graduate and have additional education/certification from an approved medical/vocational school.
2. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous Medical Records experience preferred, but not required. Utilize MS Office software (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook), fax, copier and scanner.
3. JOB KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of medical office operations and medical terminology.
1. Communicates with all in a professional manner.
2. Obtains required consent/authorization before releasing Medical Information.
3. Maintains Medical Records Tracking Log
4. Monitors fax machine for incoming faxes and distributes to appropriate department.
5. Make copies of any form completed by the Practitioner/Clinician and places in patient’s chart.
6. Scans relevant documents into the medical or dental record.
7. Responds to and fill medical records requests.
8. Detail oriented and manage time and projects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an EOE.
CLOSING: September 27, 2018 or until filled