|Title||Referral Coordinator Position|
Coordinates, tracks and monitors referrals; Integrates CSMD services to maximize patient utilization; Performs data entry.
1. Minimum of high school diploma; preferred medical administration diploma.
2. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Must have pleasant telephone etiquette; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients; must have strong computer skills, use of Microsoft applications and familiarity with electronic health records.
4. Must be critical-thinking and detailed-oriented.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
7. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts.
8. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Maintains a database of health center referral contacts throughout Baton Rouge and CSMD
service areas, specifically within agencies providing health and social services to patients.
2. Acts as liaison to hospitals, specialty clinics, other providers outside of CSMD in an effort to track
and monitor referrals.
3. Coordinates referrals to health services based on provider’s orders.
4. Assists Medical Records clerk with scanning patient information (incoming) into electronic
health record (EHS).
5. Works closely with Medical Records Clerk to ensure all patient records are disseminated
appropriately and timely.
6. Works closely with Care Coordinator and other members of the Clinical Care Team.
7. Promptly reviews all incoming referrals for “critical need” or attention required immediately by
8. Adheres to all CSMD policies and procedures.
9. Other job duties as assigned.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CareSouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLOSING: September 24, 2018 or until filled.