|Title||CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE – PLAQUEMINE|
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides patients with high quality, efficient, and effective service via call center. Actively works to create and maintain a professional, positive patient experience.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have ability to learn using Electronic Health Records; must have strong computer skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
5. Must be able to effectively resolve conflicts.
6. Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Greets patients, families, and providers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
2. Effectively, comprehensively utilizes the electronic medical record (EMR) entering data, documenting, tracking, and managing patient care.
3. Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about services, take or enter appointments and cancellations, and obtain details of complaints.
4. Promptly and accurately documents in the patient’s EMR.
5. Prior to transferring a call, explain to the caller that the provider or nurse may not be available and to leave a message to have a returned phone call.
6. If a provider’s office or hospital calling for a specific provider or nurse and it is urgent, then page the respective person to have him or her answer the call.
7. Always project a friendly and upbeat tone at all times while interacting with callers and co-workers.
8. Maintain accurate confidential records of patients’ interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
9. Recommend improvements in service to reduce or prevent future problems.
10. Coordinates requests for medical records with Medical Records Supervisor.
11. Works with the Patient Support Assistants/Front Desk to schedule follow-up visits for patients.
12. Follows and actively participates in CSMD’s Quality Management Plan and adheres to standards of improvement accordingly.
13. Serves as backup for Front Desk staff inclusive of scheduling appointment for all new and established patients, rescheduling, insurance verification and accepting co-payments
14. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Handbook.
15. Provide an effective communication link between specific department staff.
16. Works professionally as a team member in conjunction with other department employees and center.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit a completed employment application found at www.caresouth.org/jobs or the HR office, resume, and credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the HR office. CSMD is an EOE.
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2019 or until filled.