Your Responsibility As A Patient
While you are a patient at CareSouth, your responsibilities include the following:
| You Have the Responsibility
- To keep all scheduled appointments with your provider and other specialist(s).
- To give a detailed and honest history of your entire family. This means, bring required medical documentation.
- To give an update of any changes in your health during each visit.
- To tell us about any changes that may affect your health information such as a new address, telephone numbers, emergency contact information, marriage, etc.
- To ask questions about your health and take an active role in your care.
- To take all medications prescribed as directed by your provider and give information about all medications, including over the counter medications and herbal supplements or vitamins that you are taking. Know what the medications are for and how to use them. Ask questions as needed!
- To discuss and be involved in your treatment plan with your provider, follow orders as given. Ask questions!
- To call your provider first with medical problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- To avoid using the Emergency Room for non-serious health situations. Instead, use Care South after hours or Urgent Care Centers. If you’re unsure when to use an Urgent Care Center or what health situation is an emergency, contact Care South’s Nurse Line for assistance.
- To report any emergency treatment within 48 hours to your Provider. Remember to bring any medical documentation to you next appointment.
3111 Florida Street Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806 Phone: 225-650-2000 Fax: 225-615-8212
Baton Rouge Clinic
3140 Florida Street Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806 Phone: 225-650-2000 Fax: 225-650-2099
904 Catalpa Street Donaldsonville, Louisiana 70346 Phone: 225-264-6800 Fax: 225-264-6630
59340 River West Drive Plaquemine, Louisiana 70764 Phone: 225-385-4742 Fax: 225-385-4279
4852 Highway 19, Suite A Zachary, Louisiana 70791 Phone: 225.654.7000 Fax: 225.654.7067